Proto E7 and decoders

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Proto E7 and decoders
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 19:18:46 -0500
I just wanted to follow up on the recent discussion about the use of MRC
decoders with a Proto E7. I'm looking at the wiring of mine and
wondering about using a Digitrax DH140 decoder that I've got. What I
see is this: the MRC decoder has seven wires, but eight pins on the
plug. The E7 has eight holes in the socket but nine wire connections
along the sides of the circuit board. The DH140 has nine wires. Does
anyone know if I can bypass the socket and simply plug the wires from
the decoder into the connections on the sides of the E7 circuit board?
If so, can anyone tell me which wire goes to which connection? Do I
need to leave the Proto plug in the socket? And will my Mars light
work?

Thanks guys. It's terrific to be part of such a group.

Duncan Cameron