Re: [BRHSlist] Bo's again

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bo's again
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:52:12 -0600
From: "Larry Doub" <nftrains@n...>
To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 8:56 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Bo's again

> Hi Everyone,
> I really like this group, there is always someone that know's the
> answers.
> Can some one tell me this.
> Talking with my mom, she was telling me about Bo's coming to my grand
> and great grandmother's houses for food and such.
> She said that the Bo's had a way of marking houses, so other Bo's
> would know what houses they could go to to get something to eat.
> My grandfather would not tell her how they marked a house and she
> does not know.
> Does anyone know this one?

To give you a start, go to:
http://www.symbols.com/index/wordindex-h.html

- and scroll down to "hobo signs" - 3 entries with a half-dozen signs. I
recall hearing as a kid that the skull and crossbones was also used to
indicate a town, railyard or farm to avoid, and a circle with an angle in it
(like a pie with a slice out) was a place you could work for food.

Marshall