45 & 52, Kosher and #37

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: 45 & 52, Kosher and #37
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:10:22 -0000
1. The "Savanna Locals" did run all the way to Minneapolis from
Chicago. The were discontinued around Aug or Sep 1958.
Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to ride. The were crewed
in the "Northern Pool" and required only a Conductor and Trainman due
to their small size. Occasionally during the holidays they would
require a Flagman, who would be called from the extra board.

2. The Rabbi's were a regular fixture on #31 going to Dubuque to
perform their duties at the town's packing plants. Old "Dutch"
Houseman, when he was Conductor on 31, usually had some anti-semitic
comments which I shall not repeat.

3. My Bulletin arrived on Saturday, in Las Vegas. The envelope was
slightly chewed up, but the copy was in excellent condtion. I've
only had time to glance at it, but it appears to be an outstanding
issue and kudos extended to all involved.

BRAD