CB&Q HC-1 Covered hopper lettering

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: CB&Q HC-1 Covered hopper lettering
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:59:02 -0600
Was wondering if anyone on the BRHSlist might have anything
related to lettering diagrams for the Q's HC-1 70 ton
covered hoppers. I've already talked to Dave Lotz and he
informed me that the BRHS archives do not have any lettering
diagrams for these cars. I'm mostly interested in the
stenciling for the HC-1A's, IB's and IC's, especially the
"return to" or "silica sand loading" stencils for the sides
of the cars. The Q seemed to have a "standard" style of
stencil lettering for this type of lettering, and I'm
interested in making some decals for my covered hopper
fleet. I am aware that some of the white stencil decals are
available from a set that Jerry Hamsmith has made, but I
still would need most of the billboard "Burlington"
lettering that appeared in white on the HC-1B's and in red
on the gray HC-1C's in addition to the white lettering in
addition to the specific data for both of these cars. I
could work off of photographs, but if lettering diagrams are
available, all the dimensions are already there.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Pavlovic