Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Isle, Slope, ect

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Isle, Slope, ect
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:17:17 -0600
From: "Bill Hayward" <haywarb@b...>
To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:45 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Silver Isle, Slope, ect

> Loren,
>
> A year or so ago there were ads in TRAINS magazine for a book called
> "Passenger Car Library: The Budd Comnpany: Vol. 1 CB&Q". I think that
> it was from RPC Publications in the St. Louis area. Maybe that book
> would have info to help you out.

Fellow BRHSers -

Please be cautious with this book - there are over 2 dozen factual or
drawing errors in it. For instance, Silver Dale, et al, are represented as
CZ style solarium cars (!) - so in this instance, forget it!

The book can still be useful, but only if you have ample cross-references
and a good basic knowledge of CB&Q streamliners to begin with.

Marshall Thayer