Re: [BRHSlist] Kosher

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Kosher
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:16:59 -0600
Cc: pbsol@c...
It would surprise me if the washing was done after the cars were loaded as
maintaining Kashruth (Kosherness) is basically a proactive process and, as in
anything where process violation occurs, nothing can be done to restore the
integrity of the process.

I would imagine that the cars were probably washed down intensively before
with railroad refrigerator cars transporting meat to the Director of our
religious school as I am tremendously interested in the answer, both as a
student of Judaism and of railroads.

sjl