FW&D 5000-5025

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: FW&D 5000-5025
From: dswift@m...
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:02:17 -0000
Hi Everyone,

I was thumbing through the September 1986 issue of Model Railroading
and came across a photo of what appears to be FW&D 5012. According to
the caption beside the photo, the car has an 8' sliding door and an
8' plug door. I have seen cars of this body style from various
builders (FGE was notable for offset doors) where the main door is
either centered or offset to the right. Due to the angle of the
photo, it is difficult to tell whether the main door is centered or
actually offset. Can anyone verify the actual placement of the door
or know of a better photo from this series?

Darrall Swift
Modeling the 4th Subdivision of the BN set in Central Montana (Great
Falls to Shelby) set in the mid 1980's