Challenger MTZ

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Challenger MTZ
From: "richard wolter" <rawolter@o...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:38:01 -0400
Hi Listers,
The thread going on about the shovelnose remotoring projects got me thinking
about a problem I have running my Challenger Mark Twain Zephyr. Actually, when
it runs it is great - smooth at all speeds, especially very slow, although a
bit noisy, but I can live with that.
The problem is that it shorts out, usually on a curve - nothing less than 30"
radius. Also, it derails in spots where nothing else does, including a
Northern, E-7s, and 85' brass passenger cars.
These problems occur whether it runs power unit only, or with its cars.
Anyone have the same problem, and is there a fix? I have it running on NCE DCC.
Thanks.
Dick Wolter