More info on subject of new files

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: More info on subject of new files
From: "Archie Hayden" <kliner@s...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:42:53 -0000
Ray, It's a good thing that you didn't try to open Bill's new file
expecting to find Fort Worth depots because it was actually a page
from a 1949 public timetable showing the towns along a branch line
out of Ft. Madison, Ia. alias the Pea Vine. He was trying to show
how the name on the depots didn't always jive with the name of the
town. I explained that this wasn't all that uncommon on the
Burlington in an earlier posting. Anyway please be patient with us
as we learn the system and try to master the crazy little machine in
front of us. In fact, I decided to delete a 1930 picture of a CB&Q
weed burner because I had mistakenly put it in the files sideways. I
didn't want to be responsible for creating a pain in the neck. I'll
try later to do it right, maybe. Keep trying, Bill, there's still
hope for us. Regards, Archie Hayden