Re: [BRHSlist] AMB Waycar Help

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] AMB Waycar Help
From: Smithsurprise@a...
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:18:20 EDT
Hi Rick, It has been a year or so since I built my AMB waycar but as I
remember, I was able to use Detail Associates pre-bent caboose grabirons and
hand rails. If you prefer to bend your own I'd suggest you use .012" brass
or even better phosphor bronze wire. Its not as awkward to bend as brass. I
mostly model in Sn3 and when I have to make a group of handrails or grabirons
I make a jig of scrap styrene - nothing fancy - just holes drilled in the
styrene a distance from the edge so I can I can repetitively cut or bend
each piece of wire to the same length. I play around with hole location in
the scrap styrene until the piece of wire done using the hole location
produces an acceptable looking piece. Then I use that hole location to do
all the the other pieces. Regards, Don Smith