Joint effort to save MTZ.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Joint effort to save MTZ.
From: JACKGP20@a...
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:48:52 EDT
I was very sorry to hear that the Mark Twain Zephyr train set may be up for
sale. I hate to think of what its future may be. A train with such history
has to be saved.

If I might suggest, the BRHS and the IRM should get together to try to get
MTZ to a safe home. I think that the members of the BRHS would love to see
this train running again. I also think that the IRM would love to have a
Burlington shovel nose train set to compliment its Nebraska Zephyr.

As not to tax either organization, a joint BRHS-IRM fund could be started to
acquire and restore this great train. I think that members of both
organizations would be glad to contribute.

Just an idea, but something has to be done before this train is scrapped.

Two great organizations can do great things.

Jack Grasso