Re: [BRHSlist] Model Corn in M. Spoor & E. DeRouin Layouts?

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Model Corn in M. Spoor & E. DeRouin Layouts?
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:27:51 -0500
Bill and Others:

Thanks for looking and noticing. That layout is history, but Number two is
rising and will include an autumnal scene with golden corn.

As to the first field, start with green indoor/outdoor carpet, the astro
turf variety. I sprayed it with Floquil green and shaded it with yellow to
modify the color and eliminate the gloss of the plastic carpet. For the
foreground scene, I melted furrows with a small soldering iron. The
background field remained unfurrowed. Once the piece is cut to fit and glued
with diluted white glue sprayed from a small bottle, I sift dirt onto the
field to cover the carpet base material, feather it into the scene, and add
more diluted glue. Add a drop of detergent to decrease the glue's viscosity
, it will flow more easily. Be careful to brush any dirt from the plants
before adding the glue. I then airbrushed color for highlighting and
shading. That is how it was done in a nutshell.

I hope I answered your question.

Ed DeRouin