RE: [BRHSlist] Naplatte,IL

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Naplatte,IL
From: "arnold niederer" <atrain39@h...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:47:23 CDT
Hi,
Naplate was served by both roads. The Rock Island and the Q connected near the I&M canal just south of the RI yard. The current sand plant is just south of where the two roads connected. In Naplate there was once a loading mill just to the north of the main East/West street after crossing the tracks going west. Just before entering the LOF plant two tracks diverged to the right (west) to serve Ottawa Silica's Mill C. This facility had a unique pyramid structure. Not sure what else might have been shipped from LOF besides automotive glass.
AF Niederer