Re: [BRHSlist] R.E.O.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] R.E.O.
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:45:35 -0500
Leo,
I'm assuming that you are implying to provide a "fail-safe" way to let the rear
end crew (and the head end crew for that matter) know if said REO becomes
detached from the waycar. My assumption is that the bad order trainline is on
the "other side" of the angle cock. Make the hose between the waycar and the
REO, leave the angle cock closed on the REO, but open the one on the rear of the
of the waycar. If the REO separates from the waycar, the air will dump on the
train, and the REO will re-couple itself, providing the knuckles opened up when
things separated. If they didn't, well there's going to be some knuckles in
need of changing. (among other things!) Of course, this won't do a thing for
you if you're going "UP" Burke hill, will it?

Ed Pavlovic