Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q diesel horns

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q diesel horns
From: "Glen Haug" <haug@i...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:32:20 -0700
Ed Pavlovic asked about the two chime air horns on diesels. If they were
the same as the air horns on the commuter control cars, they were probably
made by Leslie. I have a drawing that was copied out of a file at 14th
Street describing this air horn as a Leslie-Supertyfon Chime Whistle Type
S-2M-BO Dual Tone (whatever all that means).

The air horns on the E units sounded the same as this horn. I believe the
freight horns had a different pitch, but they may have been a similar horn.

Glen Haug