Aurora Shops

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Aurora Shops
From: "William Franckey" <budapest@g...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:37:30 -0500
Dear List members,
Talk about the Aurora Shops brings to mind kind of a open question about what
was auctioned off at Aurora when the shops were closed. I saw a notice at
Aurora roundhouse that on a Saturday in 74? there was to be an auction at the
shops. I fully intended to be there as there stories of old odd taps and dies
that were salted away. As that date approached, I was ordered for 2/185 to
Savanna off the engineer's list. As we rounded High Street into Aurora, the
shop's parking lot was filled with people at the auction that I had overlooked.
I've wondered all these years what odd things were brought out into the light.
Can anyone shed any light on the shop's auction? In 82 - 83, we picked the team
to do the consultation work for the Transportation Center. The only thing left
in the shops was broken skylight glass imbeded in the mud on the
floors................Bill