Re: [BRHSlist] Lionel Burlington Route Hudson in Freight Set

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lionel Burlington Route Hudson in Freight Set
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 18:45:07 GMT
How close to the proto type does it look? or is it a generic 4-6-4?

Ray

From: "Bill Hayward" <haywarb@b...>
To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:32:22 -0000

FYI. Last Friday I saw Lionel's Burlington Route Steam Freight Set
displayed in a local hobby store. The engine for this O-27 set is BR
Hudson (4-6-4) #4000 in black with graphite smoke box, red cab roof,
spoked drivers w/ traction tires, black coal tender w/BR herald &
4-wheel trucks, smoke unit on/off switch, and RailSounds as an
option.
The freight cars all have diecast trucks and are: CB&Q white/red 2
bay hopper, CB&Q red/white boxcar, CB&Q white/red caboose (er,
waycar!), and a Gulf Oil tank car. The set also includes O-27 track,
a bag-o-coal, and an 80W transformer. MSRP is $350 for the
RailSounds
version and less for the non-RailSounds version.

To my knowledge this is the first mass produced BR Hudson model in
3-rail O-gauge. Maybe more BR steam will follow from the O-gauge
manufacturers.

FYI only; I am not a dealer or vendor (nor a Lionel stockholder).