Re: [BRHSlist] 50mph X/O Speeds

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 50mph X/O Speeds
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:19:38 -0500
Glen:

Thank you for your informative and rapid reply. Many of us can "see"
changes in practices by comparing information in timetable and special
instructions, but lack insight regarding the engineering philosophies
behind the practices. I appreciate your willingness to educate me and
the other listers. Except for generic trade publications, very little
has be published in the railway engineering area.

I also enjoyed the fact you directed me to the term "legal maximum". I
believe that BRHSlisters now understand the subtleties in regard to
theory and practice in the earlier eras.

Ed DeRouin