Re: [BRHSlist] Car Distribution

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Car Distribution
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:18:41 EDT
Leo,

Another part of car distribution was the way-freight kind of holding on to
certain cars. I remember the way freight taking those prized covered hoppers
(back in the early 70's) and giving them to the local elevators instead of
boxes. This worked but they did get a STERN warning about it which ended it.
Did you ever heve this happen.

Also did the Q and now BNSF have a wheel shop in Galesburg? We (UP) started
about three weeks ago, getting gons of loose wheels in interchange at Clinton
heading for Sterling,Il. Never seen this before as the CNW didn't usually
send wheels there either if memory serves me right.

Steve Fye