Re: [BRHSlist] "On Time?"/was CUS

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] "On Time?"/was CUS
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:11:54 +0000

amtrak347@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 7/25/00 12:50:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
> hold-on@s... writes:
>
> << We had a run of five days at 100% ontime and were working on number 6. >>
>
> Steve:
>
> What is Metra/BNSF's definition of the words "on-time"? Must be origin/final
> terminal with one heck of a healthy "pad". Intermediate station times are
> "ball park" times. Do horseshoes, hand grenades, nuclear warheads and Metra
> schedules fit in this tolerance of "almost/close" definition? At Amtrak, I
> believe they go by calendar day as being within tolerance.
>
> Bob
>
> PS-I check my watch daily!
> Bob

With in 10 mins of schedule. With freight, switch engines and Amtrak taking it
on the chin. Often 59 and or 392 have to wait on the Dinky. And there is a
small hole built in for the Southwest Zephyr to leave if they have trouble
licking stamps in Chicago. I always thought Amtrak ran late because it wanted to
make sure the passengers were at the depot before the train arrived. We are
planning on riding the Eagle to Chicago next year for a family reunion. We will
also leave a week early so we are there on time. I would hate to miss the
dinner.We flew on vacation this year and doubled our money on the return flight.
And is was no to a gambling state.
SJH