EMD Second Generation Horns

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: EMD Second Generation Horns
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:38:48 -0500
I was wondering if someone on the list might have an answer
for this question. Looking at photos of the Q's GP30, GP35,
GP40 and SD45 units it's obvious that the units were
originally equipped with a two chime air horn, with both of
the "bells" of the horns facing towards the front of the
unit. Some units did get replacement horns, I've seen
photos of the 957 (GP30) and the 175 (GP40) with single
chime horns similar to the ones used on cab units.

However, I'm trying to determine what the brackets that
supported the horns looked like, and looking at photos, I've
been unable to decide if the bracket is u-shaped, or is
enclosed on all four sides. I would presume that it's a
u-shaped bracket, but I'd really like to know.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Pavlovic