Re: [BRHSlist] FW: A question

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: A question
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:00:43 -0500
David Lotz wrote:

> Forwarded to the BRHSlist - please remember to reply to all with answers.
>
> Dave

You'd certainly have a lumber yard, and probably an implement dealer,
although they might not have their own sidings. In rural Nebraska,
chances are that a town might still have its own coal-fired electrical
plant, although most were being shifted to diesel by that time (or
bought up to use remote power transmission). The grain elevator might
handle fertilizer & pesticides, or there might be a separate dealer for
that.

(I grew up in Mt. Pleasant, IA, and left town in the mid-sixties, so
this should be close.)

Marshall