Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Things broken or, maybe, breaking.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Things broken or, maybe, breaking.
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:52:50 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/00 9:52:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
bradslaney@w... writes:

<< IS THIS THE SAME "GABBY" WATSON WHO WAS CONDUCTOR IN THE "NORTHERN
POOL" DURING THE EARLY 60s? IF SO, HE HAD A GOOD STORY ABOUT THE
DRAFT BOARD IN AURORA THREATENING TO DRAFT THE SUPERINTENDENT AND
TRAINMASTER IF THEY DIDN'T HIRE SOME OLDER PEOPLE DURING WWII.

BRAD >>

The 60's "Gabby" is the one I was talking about; the WWII story sounds more
like his father, "Big Gabby". Both were nicknamed "Gabby"; I believe the old
man was known as "Big Gabby" and the son was known as "Little Gabby". Little
Gabby was the one who flew in Millegeville. I never knew the old man, but
heard plenty of stories about him.

KLR does this sound right?

Bob

Bob