Help!

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Help!
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:36:29 CDT
To those of you modeling in HO scale. My little Q layout is suffering due to a Shinohara turnout and its driving me nuts! I installed a #7.5 curved that leads into an industrial siding, the other end is an Atlas switch with an Atlas wye between the two. I use common wire, on the inside track, set up to run from either of two power packs. Every time I throw the switch and set it for the siding, the layout goes dead. I have insulated joiners on all 3 of the outside rails of the switch. Is it broke or am I just not seeing the short. I know this may be somewhat confusing the way I stated it but has anyone else had a similar problem and direct me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. By the way, received my Atlas GP40s today. One word: stunning.

Rick Keil
Omaha, NE