Galesburg and Great Eastern

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Galesburg and Great Eastern
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:04:03 EDT
Hello All-

I am going to "sin" just a bit here and talk about a railroad other than the
Q.

Has anyone on the list modeling the G&GE as part of their CB&Q layout? I
have just returned from a scouting trip of the G&GE and want to exchange
information to those who are interested.

For those who don't know, the G&GE was a short (10-12) mile line that ran
from the Q town of Wataga, Illinois to Victoria which is about 9 miles
straight east of Wataga. The railroad hauled coal from the mines south of
Victoria to the CB&Q interchange.
The line died out in the 60's.

There are some very interesting photos of ex-CB&Q and Rock Island steam, plus
misc. CB&Q freight cars at the tipples.

Check out the website
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roconnor/ggeindex.htm

Thanks