Re: [BRHSlist] EL pool power

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] EL pool power
From: tgcostello@a...
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 17:50:15 EDT
In a message dated 06/18/2000 10:08:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
PIXELS@A... writes:

> FWIW, the EL guy referred to all possible EL run thru locomotive types.
> He did not reference his answer to the Q or BN. So, that means EL SD45-2
> could not run in the Q pool. Too new. The were built in 1973 or so. If
> you want to do that , at least renumber your SD24.
>
> Ed

Q' listers:

Ed caught me red handed in his message above. Being a 1970's era modeler, I
did identify EL locomotives purchased the BN merger. This is certainly
important to many of you. The following units would have been delivered
after the merger.

EL 3654 - 3668, EMD SDP45, second order, delivered in 1970 (sorry, no month
avail)
EL 3669 - 3681, EMD SD45-2, delivered in 1972
EL 3316 - 3327, GE U36C, delivered 1972

All "standard" SD45, and U33C locomotives were delivered before the merger.
As noted above, the second order of SDP45s were probably delivered after the
merger.

Tim Costello