Re: [BRHSlist] Stealing the unlock

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Stealing the unlock
From: "D. Gabe Gabriel" <signaling@r...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:22:48 -0400
While not as interesting as the personal experience related by Leo, an
important perspective from the "other side"...

I haven't heard of anyone doing this since the late '70's... In one area
(in NJ, not Q/BN), we (the signal guys) were given RR seals by RR police and
took to sealing some of these where they knew this was being done - Seals
were recorded and checked pretty regularly.

This "stealing" comes under "tampering" and "vandalism", and isn't a company
rule, it's federal, with heavy fines. Today - it is 100% certain you will
get canned, minimum.

The use of the bar works where an unlock track circuit is present (typically
70 ft from the points on the main) - and someone possibly won't get fired
for doing this one. At least this method is not "tampering" - and I know
that this gets done still...

Gabe (a signal guy)