Re: [BRHSlist] Trainmasters

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Trainmasters
From: vlbg <vlbg@s...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:54:18 -0500
okt@j... wrote:

> Did any of the EL trainmasters ever turn up on the Q in the run through
> pool?
> I'm trying to figure out some justifacation for getting on of the new
> Atlas N scale FMs
> Terry

Terry:

No. GP35's, U25B's, SD45's. Before the run-thrus they would come to
the CB&Q/BN with C425's and an occasional C424 but they must have set
up some policy that they would not use Alco's on those trains if the
power was going to run thru.

Sorta funny because when Conrail was formed and they made the decision
to not accept the C425's they worked their way out to Vancouver BC in
two pure sets and as far as I know had no problems.

I never saw an EL FM in the Chicago area. Yard power was all Alco.
Biggest user of FM's in the Chicago area was PRR.

Russ