Re: [BRHSlist] Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Pa

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Pa
From: "Bill Hayward" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:40:57 -0500
This same issue of TRAINS magazine (07/2000) had a photo of CB&Q #4960
Mikado steam locomotive pulling Wisconsin's Circus World Museum train
back in the 1960s.

Bill

Subject: [BRHSlist] Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Pas...
Author: BRHSlist@egroups.com ("Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>) at
BAXTER
Date: 6/8/00 8:32 PM

Subject:
[BRHSlist] Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Passenger car book
---------------------------------

In my local hobby shop today I saw a magazine (sorry forgot to check which
one) that had a story on Illinois railroads. On the cover it pictured
Bloomer Lines RR and the paint scheme was Chinese Red and Grey, White nose
stripes and the Bloomer spelled out in the classic Burlington font.
Also purchased a new book by W. David Randall called The Passenger Car
Library, Volume 1 - CB&Q, The Budd Company. It has some photos and
drawings from apparntly every type of lightweight car built by Budd for the
Q. There will be other volumes that will cover other railroads.

Rick Keil
Omaha, NE