Stewards and waiters

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Stewards and waiters
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:58:12 EDT
O.D. Roberson had an Aurora Div seniority date as a brkmn of 3/14/70 but he
had a much earlier date as a dining car waiter and transferred to train
services when Amtrak took over. I met him on suburban in 1973 and at that
time he was using his layovers to work at the "club" as a waiter for extra
money. When not waiting tables he spent his time at another kind of table
where the chips and cards flew freely in the locker room of Union Station.I
have no idea if O.D. is still w/us or how to reach him. There was another
fellow (I think J.P. Murray) who had the same geneology.His seniority date
was 4 days after O.D.'s and I recall him retiring earlier. Leo