Re: brick depot at Cameron, MO

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: brick depot at Cameron, MO
From: "John Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 20:33:06 -0000
My inquiry the other day about the brick depot at Cameron, MO has
elicited some wonderful responses. Great stuff, really. Thanks. I
suppose that my conjecture about the Burlington at one time hosting
the Golden State between Cameron and Kansas City has been confirmed.
Fascinating!

Other things are becoming clear now, also. The mention of the old
Rock Island line through Grayson explains the presence of an old
wooden depot there, which I stumbled upon about a month ago. It's a
very ramshackle affair which I just assumed had been moved from
someplace else. Now, the more likely explanation is that it is a
leftover relic from the days when the Rock Island passed through.
Incidentally, it has a big "for sale" sign nailed to its side.