Re: [BRHSlist] Chalk Marks

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chalk Marks
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:57:09 EDT
After giving some more thought to the "herder" job, I recall that he went on
duty at the RH in Aurora early in the AM to "herd" dinky motors up to the
east end of the Hill Yard. At the time, these units were "pulling" their
trains into CUS. The herder then rode the last E/B dinky to leave the Hill
Yard, and he was dropped-off at Eola Yard Office when the dinky slowed to
pick-up his orders. It was the one and only "herder" job I knew of; took a
lot of "whiskers" to hold - Monday thru Friday (days) with weekends and
holidays off. I think the job disappeared about the time MK converted the
E's from steam to HEP in 1973??

Bob Campbell