Re: [BRHSlist] Coal Hopper Script Slogans

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Coal Hopper Script Slogans
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:49:01 -0400
Hi folks.

This discussion prompted a question. I have six Stewart 70ton offset
side hoppers lettered for the Q in the 170000+ series. Compared to all
the other freight cars I have they have the script slogans reveresed.
That is, looking at the B end, it has everywhere west on the left and
way of the zephyrs on the right. I've always wondered why. Is it
possible that Stewart had a photo of the everywhere west side and just
assumed there would be a zephyrs slogan on the other? Should these cars
in fact have everywhere west on both sides? Interested in your
feedback.

Duncan Cameron