St. Louis - Beardstown Sub

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: St. Louis - Beardstown Sub
From: "James M. Roop" <wb9qiu@i...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:46:30 -0500
I am looking for an authority on the St. Louis - Beardstown subdivision. I
am planning on modelling the line from Piasa to north of White Hall. ( I
choose this area because my wife grew up between these two towns.) My
initial plans are to the model the time period from the late 40's up until
about 1960.

My initial questions that I am seeking insight on are:

1.      What was the typical motive power used on this sub, and

2.      How much interchange was there with the GM&O (C&A) at White Hall?

I was in White Hall over the weekend and was surprised at the remaining
evidence of the Q (like the signal mast and ladder south of the former
location of the diamond.)

James Roop
Gurnee, IL