CUS/Post Office

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: CUS/Post Office
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:10:30 EDT
Russ mentioned the Q switched the post office at CUS.That of course brought
back a memory of one Saturday dinky when John Slover and I had several hours
to kill before we left westbound again from CUS. So after a hearty breakfast
at Lou Mitchells next to the g/o we decided to go exploring. One of the
routes we took was one of the many access tunnels leading from the trainmens
locker rooms in the basement under CUS.We ended up after many twists and
turns in one of the sorting rooms in the post office watching mail clerks do
their thing. We also figured out how to get from there to the baggage
platforms on the south side.Prior to that expedition I thought it was pretty
neat that we could travel from our locker room to trk 2/4 via the tunnels w/o
going thru the station.The tunnels under CUS contained many maintenance rooms
like the sheet metal shop,lumber room,etc. I even recall a large room for the
Western Weighing and Inspection Bureau. Leo