steam excursion in June

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: steam excursion in June
From: GEU30CG@a...
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:55:48 EDT
This WOULD be the 261 trips for the Milwaukee Historical Convention. I heard
they have a darn fine crew working those trips. The crew out of Lincoln for
Haymarket days is also fine. (hint hint I am on that crew)

Darren Ferreter
Cedar Rapids Iowa
GEU30CG@a...

John A. Swearingen wrote:

> Yesterday morning I was in Chillicothe, Missouri and heard that there was
going to be a steam locomotive excursion passing through Chillicothe on June
24 and again on June 26. Although at one time Chillicothe could boast of
three big-time railroads (Burlington, Wabash and Milwaukee) only the old
Milwaukee tracks remain strong enough to host big steam, so it will occur on
that line. Will anyone on this list provide us with more details regarding
times and itineraries?

> I have tried the Milwaukee list but received no response. Anyway, I
thought it would be of general interest to railfans in the midwest, so pose
the question to you all. Thanks to anyone who will respond.

I got a notice around here somewhere about MILW 261 running out of KC in
June . . . would that be the one?

Marshall