steam excursion in June

To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: steam excursion in June
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:00:02 -0500
Yesterday morning I was in Chillicothe, Missouri and heard that there was going
to be a steam locomotive excursion passing through Chillicothe on June 24 and
again on June 26. Although at one time Chillicothe could boast of three
big-time railroads (Burlington, Wabash and Milwaukee) only the old Milwaukee
tracks remain strong enough to host big steam, so it will occur on that line.
Will anyone on this list provide us with more details regarding times and
itineraries?

I have tried the Milwaukee list but received no response. Anyway, I thought it
would be of general interest to railfans in the midwest, so pose the question
to you all. Thanks to anyone who will respond.