Re: [BRHSlist] FW: [Otrains] Burlington Cover Hopper Decals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: [Otrains] Burlington Cover Hopper Decals
From: "Bill Hayward" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:07:42 -0500

John & Jace:

I do not know if Weaver took liberties with the numbers on their 2-bay CB&Q
hoppers. The 2-bay hoppers in question are Chinese red with the
"Everywhere West" in script. From the photos in Mike Spoor's Color Guide,
it appears to me that the "scripted" hoppers were only painted in mineral
red, not Chinese red. Any of the hoppers in the Color Guide that are in
Chinese red have the non-script "Burlington" on the sides. If CB&Q had
"scripted" hoppers in Chinese red, their photos do not appear to be in the
Color Guide. I still think that these are great hoppers even if they vary
somewhat from prototype.

Weaver's recent billboard reefers of Skyland Eggs, Banner Creamery, Century
Beer, Robin Hood Beer, & Parrot Potatoes are overall good representations
of the prototypes discussed in the Burlington Bulletin on billboard
reefers. Some of Weaver's roof colors vary from those described in the BB.
The body hardware is also not all black and the kick board below the door
is not mineral brown.

To me, it appears that Weaver often take liberties on small details.
However, overall I like their CB&Q products and am very glad that they
produce Burlington Route items. Hope this helps.

John, those were very nice photos that Joe L took of your layout. Then
again, how could Joe have missed with such a nice layout of the world's
greatest railroad?

Bill

Author: BRHSlist@egroups.com ("John Shankland" <jns@i...>) at BAXTER
Date: 4/24/00 10:49 PM

This message was on the O scale list. Can anyone answer it?

John S

I finally got out the decals I bought from Ted Schnepf and my Max Gray
three-bay covered hopper, but after checking my Champ lettering guide I am
stymied by uncertainty as to whether Burlington had a plate to mount the
large
herald on these or simply painted it over the rib. Any CB&Q experts out
there?

I checked the Weaver TWO-bay covered hopper I bought in Chicago, but the
herald there is smaller and fits between the ribs; curiously, the number on
the Weaver is in the same series as the three-bay decals from Champ. This
seems odd; did Weaver take liberties? Does the Burlington number different
kinds of cars in the same series?

Jace Kahn

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3010/5/_/490032/_/956634692/