Who operates the former CB&Q suburban service?

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Who operates the former CB&Q suburban service?
From: JACK5008@w...
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:22:46 -0400 (EDT)
Metra is the operating arm of RTA in Chicago and its suburbs.

My understanding is that Metra operates the former RI and IC routes by
itself. It is also my understanding that BNSF (former CB&Q) and UP
(former C&NW) operate the suburban routes with their own employees. The
services are under contract to Metra.

I was very surprised to see a BNSF herald on bilevel car #700 in the
issue of the Zephyr.

Do any of the Metra locomotives have BNSF or UP heralds or markings on
them?

Jack Grasso