Burlington Inn, Cody Wyoming & Burlington Route Pamplets

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Burlington Inn, Cody Wyoming & Burlington Route Pamplets
From: Tandthall@A...
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:50:17 EDT
Cc: Tandthall@a...
I have found a promotional booklet circa. 1930 titled Ranch Life in the
Buffalo Bill County: Burlington Route for sale on the Bibliofind website.
The 56 page booklet covers potential vacation attractions and dude ranches
accessible via the Burlington Route. This booklet may have some information
about the Cody Inn.

There was also a reprint of a World War II menu which was served by the
Burlington Route (for troop trains ?) between Cody and Denver. Perhaps the
menu covers some of the food available from the Burlington Inn.

The searchwords "Burlington Route" found many copies of Corbin's and
Overtons's books, system timetables, a 1947 Kalmbach Burlington Route, a
1879 and other annual reports, and a copy of The Story of the Burlington
(1925) by Baldwin. I did not see anything which would appear to help the
Literature Professor in her research of the mid-1800's Colorado lines.

I have no stake or interest in the Bibliofind website, but I have purchased
some used Burlington Route and technical books from a few of the various
dealers. I have also found some Burlington Route books using a search of the
Advanced Book Exchange website. I'd be interested in learning of any other
similiar sites which might have old rail related books and paper. I seem to
recall that a few other members were looking for time tables and Burlington
Route promotional pamplets.

Thanks,
Tom Hall BRHS member
Charlotte, NC