Re: [BRHSlist] Looking for Bill Schultz

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Looking for Bill Schultz
From: "Bill Hayward" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:11:21 -0500
Jim Thompson,

Maybe you already know about these folks, but I remembered them and
thought that I would pass this along. At last 09/1999 BRHS meet, some
folks were in attendance that had experience with the Pioneer Zephyr
and the Cal. Zephyr. A man named robert Rediske rode the famous "dawn
to dusk run from Denver to Chicago" of the PZ in 1934 when he was 10
years old. Jack Ford piloted the PZ in that run and his son was at
the meet. Marjorie Wigton, a Zephyrette, was also there. Author Mike
Schafer has written books "Classic Ammerican Streamliners" and
"Streamliner Memories" based on his experiences riding the trains and
has an article contributed by Zephyrette Beulah Ecklund in the latter
book. CB&Q president Harry Murphy's son was also in attendance at the
meet. I do not know how to contact any of these people or if they are
available to contribute to your American Experience project. Maybe
other BRHSlisters would know how to contact them.

Thanks,

Bill