Re: [BRHSlist] Bevier & Southern

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bevier & Southern
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:26:25 -0500
mmatalis@s... wrote:

> For those of you who remember the short but fruitful discussion of Bevier &
> Southern (famous for having operated Q mikes for many years) a few weeks
> back, you may wish to check out the following photo collection for a page on
> the B&S
>
> http://donross.railspot.com

As I recall it, the B&S only operated their borrowed Q Mikes for about
three years. Prior to that, they had their own & the second-hand
Moguls; after that, the Q switchers.

The water tower shown on this site still serves steam - it was
purchased, jigsawed, and reassembled at the Midwest Central Railroad (3'
gauge museum road in Mt. Pleasant, IA). After about twenty years, it
was moved to the opposite end of the line and re-equipped with a steel
support, but the tank hardware is still original B&S (w/new wood).

Marshall