Re: [BRHSlist] Leanore

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Leanore
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:41:34 -0600
Leo,

A "TRIPPP" to the brick yard with Tom Cat Reilly was a true, LASTING
experience. The remnants of the interurban line (I think) that led to the
brick yd. was, if memory serves me correctly, totally UNFIT for service,---
ANY kind of service. It had a tie about every 5 or 6 ft. whether they were
needed or not. When Tom drove over there, if you had Geeps, the method of
sittin' in the cab I found least likely to throw you out of the seat was
sideways. Knees against the control stand, back to the window and left hand
on the Fireman's side automatic brake valve. On one of these trips I was
treated to a view of the number board on the second unit. Big deal you might
say. This particular number board, however, was on the OPPOSITE SIDE of the
second unit. Rock-N-Roll was there to stay. For reasons known only to
Tom's Gurdian Angel (see, there's another manifestation of their existance)
he never put 'em in the dirt. Others, on the other hand, occasionally fell
off the track, going MUCH slower than Tom would go. This lesson was taken
to heart by yours truly.

Halstead St. Hell, I'd "walk" with Lyle Hett. He'd LOOK for muggers to
MUG. He almost killed one of two creeps that tried to steal his bike under
the SOO Line freight house across from 14'th. St.

Do you remember the "Zephyr Diner" at the coach yard?? Super place. Its
furnishings were rivaled for class and style only by the bunkroom furniture
on 12'th. St. This had to be one of the finest hostelries, if not THE
finest, on the Q. You gotta remember that place.

Schlit' beeah out across Spring St, frequently.

Karl