GP-7's

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: GP-7's
From: kzach@e...
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 01:23:51 -0000
On page 23 of Mike Spoor's CB&Q Vol. 3, there is a photo of GP-7 #
249,
circa 1963. Also on page 62, there is # 256, in 1968. I appears to my
bi-focalled eyes that the units are sans steam generator. Does anyone
know when they would have been removed, and/or what other GP -7's
were
modified? Possibly when they were painted Chinese Red? Were the
openings plated or welded over, or the entire top plate replaced?
Other
photos I have access to show the the exhaust pipe for the cab heater
gone, but the steam generator equipment still in place. Any help or
references would be appreciated.

Jim Zach