Re: [CBQ] The last Yorkville Depot

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The last Yorkville Depot
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 20:21:40 -0500
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha256; bh=PqSPhcQysVukFplLN6m9l9JkxpXtWICnjK52xpzq0lo=; c=relaxed/simple; d=groups.io; h=From:Mime-Version:Subject:Message-Id:Date:To:References:Precedence:List-Subscribe:List-Help:Sender:List-Id:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:Reply-To:List-Unsubscribe-Post:List-Unsubscribe:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Length; s=20140610; t=1694827316; v=1; b=LYjaRMiR6cdupR8hEASJCE+XBEfby6P/b7VmjYBpi4F6QLI2MhgWodxMo6EQ305VhgncS2bQ jrq+etf+HbRIlAiUwymRdLg1C0/D7619mF3lpXeyN8ACUbpgyoV6fpN+fulq9rCmnLp2kJO4EuI wE7lCug8BcJku3H0wQBcnwEg=
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
If you’re really interested in knowing when the original Yorkville depot, which was farther east was replaced there are number of sources to research that would narrow down the timeline.

Try searching plat/township maps from various decades, Q track alignment charts over the decades. Possibly photos in the Flicker section of BRHS website, members only section. Another great resources would be the Kendall County Historical Society library.
Also the Lake States archives smug mug site has many Q depot photos.
Plan on spending some serious amount of time searching these sources.

Or send an inquiry to the BRHS archives but you should also send a donation along to
Support it.

Most of the Fox River branch original depots lasted until they simply were no longer needed. One exception was Wedron. That depot was destroyed a couple times in derailments.

Leo Phillipp
Yorkville,IL