Re: [CBQ] Limestone loads in Loveland CO

To: "cbq@groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>, "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Limestone loads in Loveland CO
From: "Richard Townsend via groups.io" <richtownsend=netscape.net@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 22:22:37 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha256; bh=TpER1j2smuFYVXBrfjZjW8r84m/UnSU7En8KuGMCmmg=; c=relaxed/simple; d=groups.io; h=Date:From:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:MIME-Version:Precedence:List-Subscribe:List-Help:Sender:List-Id:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:Reply-To:List-Unsubscribe-Post:List-Unsubscribe:Content-Type:Content-Length; s=20140610; t=1691360561; v=1; b=cOZ2FwDwmX4nFWxjDrbKlsE0BF2RKWt2nbyB1yLBXa6hMUCpJmiW2jJEht6LY/+uarvT6y3+ xRvY9w0ZANo9q7IDpDYHBLCNh7N+Gu5rVVWR1V3dZGF4hK1YlP2S6GG4riThn4OalpIWmvDf+n4 JwNjvzwHZTdJeCZPaGVqPmxY=
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The UP had a branch that paralleled the C&S's Rex branch. The UP branch was east of the Rex branch, and served Ripple and Orcutt, and terminated at Buckeye, a little northeast of Rex. The UP branch was cut back to the cement plant just north of LaPorte in 1965. The Rex branch was still there into the 1980s. Neither went to Cheyenne.

The book Railroads of Northern Colorado, by Kenneth Jessen (Pruett, 1982), is an outstanding reference work. I highly recommend it.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon