[CBQ] Re: Scanning Negatives

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Scanning Negatives
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:24:05 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331047449; bh=BkVFxm+v7MoYljz/iwyT4jDYOZJXRiAomL0ipHwtfcs=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=WLW7Tgc9UywVy0CQZGObKN0BfWEFuNOjr/LqV8ozwKHbK32cqRcfV5ItJk+8zS0fBqmvQ+wPyQdr4Vhin+5fMkICcKcFlT+kNNIM4DfLdwjCGF4Ld6/Sy4QQ7ilgktUk
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Randy,

Thank you to you and Jan for the detailed responses on this issue. I have two questions, however.

1. If only the copyright owner can assert copyright, does that mean that the copyright dies with the owner if he hasn't passed it on? I have photos that my father took. There was no formal pass on of copyright between us, but I have assumed that I have the right through inheritance.

2. I have been around photography for more than 50 years, although I have never done any darkroom work. How does one copy a negative? Do you somehow photograph the negative or is there a contact method for doing it? I always thought a negative was a one time thing.

The computer world and digital photography has changed all that. There are many things that can be done with photographs now that weren't even possible in the analog era.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO