Re: [CBQ] 1880s Train Orders

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1880s Train Orders
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1302619209; bh=VQ0vytxFJgXy8x7xBN8F4jCD7KaZqj76ykb2yOugBi0=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YXnhvCiEO2Aj7rdSsuAiezDiJa+5/OQU7DothYwF9r7f771O/7NSo+I3omWjcU/tY155lhW8BOyzDSR2yJB3mWLqf9uFyjxLGFlKRCGRwhb1w9308Zm3XIivGwf7YpB8
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo
Run Wild was a case of wording  It later became Run Extra or the use of an
engine with or with out cars to run where a timetable schedule was in effect
and
the "Train"(this is where the marker came in to use to denote the rear of the
train) was to be operated.
East Sheridan Jct became Burgess Jct and later Catharine
The operator would hold a train using the Train Order Signal.  Once the train
saw the Order board set against them the only way to move the train was to give
them a clearance.
Operating Practices changed over the years and often changed between
Dispatchers
Offices.  Also the changes between Double Track ABS(Rule 251) like the Ottumwa
Div (Galesburg to Creston) and Lacrosse Div.(Savanna to St. Croix) and Single
Track ABS (Rule 261)
In CTC if we had switch trouble we would tell the train crews to 275A the
Switch
Which ment they would take it off power and hand line it.
A clinic on train operations would be great BUT  the problem being a lot of the
people you would give it to know more then one roads rules and it would become
mess of discussion as practices are not the same by roads, DS offices and
divisions.

Steve in SC