Re: [CBQ] heavyweight kit-bashing

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] heavyweight kit-bashing
From: Bob <drgw18@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 09:28:08 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286634493; bh=1+jRkjB/6c3l/C7+4Dsy+gJvbM3iA20IIo5pKvmHeEI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=TK5I7pZ5g+aYHYad+dLj0qet6sX8ILiueTYk4o/qq7sYgyQP9foI3Cacs9AZ9YWmNA5kK2NzlwHxs8JgMjy6pJdXwCDe40poCwg3+yZ9gKSJJf2U8+wIs1nKj2YG9VcX
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The 60' cars (C&NW prototypes) were made by (and
now exclusively marketed by) Rivarossi (now a
division of Hornsby).  You may be able to find
them in their red boxes.  They may still be found
in places in their original Walthers Trainline
boxes.   The cars have various prototype
manufacturers and the ends and letterboards may
not be correct for the specific manufacturer you
may be looking for.  A Standard Steel or Pullman
car has different ends than an ACF car.  As
always, refer to photos and determine where you
feel comfortable with compromises.

The Walthers cars come apart easily, the hardest
thing to do is to remove the roof.  A twisting of
the body accomplishes that fairly easily (and
consistently) without breaking tabs.  It can take
a couple of tries before the process is
comfortable.  It can seem a bit counter-intuitive.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com