Re: [CBQ] Q merger and changeover

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q merger and changeover
From: Joe Jones <havremt2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1247614965; bh=1Efau2F1VHQ/AVNAKAWBlrU5yvlmjapF2oykJSh46jo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uHMJGzoRDxAuKZr55TYswR4/0JwmU47uXkDMbPcsk7D97gfxISY/kPhXdrfdNRMJ9X+V2vLCLDCKFjSZKTKjfo7Fiu8i5Qu8Ql1EUPeAA8tgIX9MZgisThnsvEEkbrCr
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I was at Lincoln working in the oil laboratory during and after the merger.  We
ended up with units from both the GN & NP.  The consists looked like rainbows.
Ask any diesel shop person and they'll tell you the "Q" got the junk.  A lot of
F units were reassigned to Lincoln and the SD45's and most of the GP35's were
sent elsewhere.  There was a lot of tension, but not as bad as what happened
after the BN bought the ATSF.  After the merger most units that were repainted
were those wrecked or coming out of the back shop.  It took a long time to get
everything Cascade Green and White.  We're seeing the same thing on the UP with
all the old SP and DRGW units.